The adult penis is an organ formed with a single cavernous tissue that can fill with blood. The growth of the genitals occurs during adolescence, and with the help of hormones it is impossible to start the previous processes of cell development. Penis enlargement exercises mainly affect the size of the corpora cavernosa, as the organ has no muscles. It can only be stretched, not trained.
What affects the growth of the penis?
Genital size is part of the normal genetic variation inherent in human anatomy. Men differ in size, nose length, finger shape, and penis length. The average length of the penis is approximately 13 cm.
The presence of the SRY gene, often referred to as the genital region of the Y chromosome, initiates testicular development in utero after the seventh week of conception. Cells that differentiate in the testes begin to produce testosterone, which affects the development of the male's internal and external genitalia.
Hormones are the second major factor in penile growth. Testosterone predetermines the development of the penis even in the womb. Researchers have found that the fastest time for penile development is the first three months after birth. If during this period the pituitary gland does not signal the synthesis of testosterone or if the androgen receptors are not active, the size of the penis may be smaller than average.
The testicular abnormality at the start of pregnancy is an important negative factor. Geneticists have yet to identify a specific gene that affects the size of the genitals.
Anogenital distance (from the anus to the base of the penis) is an indicator of normal masculinization. This indicator is dependent on dihydrotestosterone, its shortening is associated with the risk of hypospadias and cryptorchidism. Prenatal exposure to dioxins, phthalates, n-butylparaben or bisphenol affects the anogenital distance. Women with high levels of urinary phthalates during pregnancy have given birth to sons with short anogenital distance and short penile length.
There are two hormones that affect the growth of the genitals:
- Testosterone promotes the growth of the scrotum and penis during the stage of embryonic development.
- Dihydrotestosterone helps form secondary sex characteristics during puberty, affects penis, thinning of scrotal tissue, muscle growth in adolescents.
Dihydrotestosterone is converted from testosterone by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. The sensitivity of cell receptors and androgen levels directly affect the growth of penile tissues.
Research has shown that women prefer men with a 16cm penis for one-day sex, and 12cm is enough for long-term sex.
Based on these measurements, men can feel inferior. The average size of an erect penis is 12. 6 cm. Scientists have measured around 15, 000 penises around the world to get accurate results.
Most women are looking for a larger penis than the average man naturally finds. The survey showed that around 20% of women separate from a partner due to the small size of the penis.
Modern methods to enlarge the penis
Urological surgeons believe that there is no surgery that can enlarge the penis in adolescence or adulthood. The length can be increased by cutting the supporting ligament, which hides part of the penis under the skin. Then it is supposed to slowly stretch the organ. In an erect state, the penis will remain the same, but lose its stability due to the rupture of the connection with the pubic bone.
Autologous fat injections are considered the most common method, but the results of the procedure are unsatisfactory due to necrosis and reabsorption of fat cells.
Insertion of implants is used for erectile dysfunction that does not respond to medication. Flexible, mechanical and inflatable prostheses are used.
In the manufacture of used:
- rubber with PTFE rings.
The inflatables are two and three section with pumps.
In 1936, the surgeon created for the first time a functional autologous penile implant. He used costal cartilage, which was then used by the body as well.
The reason for surgical failures is the inability to create cavernous tissue. New penises extended with implants will not have a natural erectile function. It is important that parents of a child or adolescent with congenital genital anomalies have a realistic view of the very limited advances in surgery. On the Internet you can find myths that tissue engineering and penile transplantation are accessible to everyone.
Operations performed to enlarge the penis lead to modest results. Statistics have shown that the growth is about 2. 5 cm.
Penis enlargement exercises
There are various exercises aimed at increasing penis and sexual function:
- strengthen the pelvic floor muscles;
- improved blood circulation.
You should always start with Kegel exercises as a warm-up. The pelvic floor muscles support the genitals.
The description of various penis enlargement exercises and techniques lends itself to reasonable criticism:
- Vacuum pumps are cylinders that suck blood into the corpora cavernosa and increase in size slightly when erect. A tight ring is then placed at the base of the penis to restrict blood flow. Pumps are really necessary for men with erectile dysfunction, but they don't have a constant effect on penis size. When the ring is removed, the blood enters a large circle. Risks of using the pump include temporary impotence, bruising, damage to blood vessels, discoloration and thickening of the skin. Using the ring for more than 20 to 30 minutes is dangerous to damage the tissues of the penis.
- Exercise, attaching weights, cannot enlarge the penis because it is not made up of muscle tissue. However, some types of stimulation stretch the skin, visually lengthening the penis. One of the "ancient Arab" techniques - jelqing - is sold on the Internet and offers daily exercises of 30 to 60 minutes per day. The timing is not specified, so the effectiveness is difficult to confirm.
- Penile traction devices sometimes need to be used for up to 8 hours a day. Stretching the skin of the penis does not affect its erect size. Hanging weights on the penis can lead to tearing of tissue, urgent surgery, and severe pain. As a result of such techniques, the genital organ can be severely damaged.
- Pills, supplements, and creams like Yohimbe, Ginseng, and Horny Goat Weed have never affected penis size. They only affect the filling of existing tissues with blood.
Using gonadotropin, growth hormone and testosterone injections in adulthood will not lead to an increase in the reproductive organ. Tissue formation occurs at puberty, when wave-like oscillations of growth hormone occur.
Benefits and features of exercise
Exercises for the pelvic floor muscles increase orgasmic sensations and increase the duration of sexual intercourse. The musculature stops the flow of urine and also sets the impetus for the release of semen during ejaculation.
- Tighten the pelvic floor muscles, as if to stop urination, loosen. Repeat to start 20 times. Gradually increase the number of repetitions to 100. The goal is to achieve around 1000 muscle contractions per day using several approaches.
- Squeeze the coccygeal muscle for as long as you can hold it.
- Tighten the pelvic floor muscles in parts running from the anus to the pubic bone. Run every second.
- Contract your pelvic floor muscles as slowly as possible. Relax vigorously. Most likely, you will feel a pulsation and a surge of heat in the spine. Breathe deeply and slowly as you exercise.
- Build muscles while urinating to create a jet. This will open the anus.
Each exercise should be repeated at least 10 to 20 times.
The cavernous bodies of the penis are capable of holding a lot of blood. The longer it lingers in the tissues, the longer and thicker the penis will become during an erection. Jelqing exercises are performed while sitting or standing and resemble a gentle, rhythmic milking. Hands glide smoothly from base to head, up to 200 repetitions should be performed daily. The approaching ejaculation can be stopped by pausing until the urge subsides, which will help achieve self-control. If pain appears, allow the organ to rest.
Exercise should not be done during a full erection, which can lead to vascular damage. The penis should be 70% full, without a partial erection, the results will not work.
Standard jelqing is made with baby fat or oil. In a semi-upright position, grasp the base with your index finger and thumb. Move them towards the head, pump the blood and release them when it is reached. Perform 200-300 repetitions the first week, increase the second up to 500 times, then 500 or more for 20 minutes.
The "dry" technique aims to stretch the skin with a similar movement. The fingers glide over the surface towards the head. You can work sections from the base to the middle and from the middle to the end. Morning erections with high testosterone levels are suitable for dry jelqing.
The third technique aims to create a volumetric head. Blood is sucked in slow motion from the base, hold the position for 10 seconds. May be associated with tissue compression without causing discomfort. The technique cannot be performed for more than 10 minutes.
Stretching is designed to increase erectile tissue, but its effectiveness is poorly proven.
The exercise is performed in a sitting or standing position:
- Grasp the relaxed penis by the head, but do not pinch the corpora cavernosa. Stretch as much as possible, but without discomfort or pain. Delay 5 minutes.
- Release, twist in a circular motion 30 times to restore normal blood circulation.
- Repeat the first action 4 times, but each time pull the penis in a different direction - left, right, up and down. It is imperative to relax the organ after stretching.
The second stretch is performed in the same way, but when the maximum painless pull is reached, first you need to completely relax and hold the position for 5 minutes, and then gradually increase to 20 minutes. Rest for 5-10 minutes before continuing your workout.
The following exercise combines breathing and stretching:
- Inhale, exhale and send air through the lower abdomen to the penis. With three fingers of your left hand, press the point between the anus and the genitals.
- Resume breathing keeping your fingers on the anogenital junction. With the other hand, gently and rhythmically withdraw the penis 36 times.
- Smooth the skin on the head, get an easy erection. Grasping the base firmly, move your hand 2 inches down.
- Extend the penis to the right by performing 36 clockwise and counterclockwise rotary traction movements. Repeat the same on the left.
Energy from the body's organs and meridians enters the penis, improving tone and function. After exercise, pat the erect organ 36 times on the right and left thighs. You can shorten this technique by performing each movement 10 times.
In a semi-erect state, place your index finger and thumb at the base of your penis to slow blood flow and delay arousal. Firmly grasp the head with the other hand. Treats with the hand at the base. The blood will pass through the spongy tissue to the head. Playing with a full erection is extremely dangerous.
Exercises can take too long. Jelqing research was conducted in the 1970s by Dr Brian Richards in the UK. About 87% of the men in the test group received positive results: an increase in length to 4. 2 cm and a girth of up to 2. 5 cm.
Exercises should be performed daily for 20-30 minutes, and before training, take a warm bath and wrap the organ in a towel soaked in lukewarm water.
Men interested in the technique of jelqing should read the detailed instructions, reference information, videos and photographs of the exercises for their own health and safety:
- It is imperative to use a lubricant during the initial exercise to have a good grip on the penis and not on the skin.
- Stop immediately when pain appears. The aim of the technique is non-traumatic tissue traction. The appearance of painful sensations and hematomas indicates a violation of trophism, which has a detrimental effect on the erection.
- Stop exercising if you have an erection. Take a break as you approach ejaculation, wait for relaxation.
- Gripping the penis during exercise should not interfere with the blood supply. The redness and blue discoloration of the organ indicates stagnation of blood - loosen your grip.
If done correctly and regularly, the results will appear within a month. Six months later, the changes will become evident. Training cannot be stopped.
Some penile size problems may be associated with improper functioning of the bulbous-spongy and sciatic-cavernous muscles, which hamper the flow of blood to the erect organ. Their function depends on the pudendal nerve, which can be pinched for various disorders of the lumbosacral region.